1. Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer.
To make sure your domain name can be transferred, sign in to your current Registrar and check the following:
- The initial registration of the domain name was at least 60 days ago and the domain has been with your current Registrar for at least 60 days:
Per ICANN’s Policy on Transfer of Registrations between Registrars, domains that are less than 60 days old or were transferred between Registrars within the last 60 days cannot be transferred. Please wait at least 60 days before transferring.
- The domain name is not on hold with your current Registrar.
2. Prepare your domain for transfer:
- Unlock your domain – remove the Registrar lock you may have set for added security;
- Obtain the Auth/EPP code from the current Registrar, If you cannot request an EPP code in account with your Registrar, contact them and ask them to provide it to you.
3. Send details through your account:
- Once logged in to listed hosting account select Domains from the top menu and select Transfer;
- Enter your domain name and (To verify whether your domain is ready for transfer) the Authorization code
- Then click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button to submit
The transfer gets initiated at the Registry shortly after submission, and the domain acquires ‘Pending Transfer’ status. Transfers that have reached this stage are automatically confirmed and completed within 7 days.
Leave A Comment