The Index Manager allows you to customize the way a directory will be viewed on the web. You can select between a default style, no indexes, or two types of indexing. If you do not wish for people to be able to see the files in your directory, choose no indexing.
1) Log in to your cPanel
2) Locate the Advanced
3) Locate and click on the Index Manager
- If you would like to Show Hidden Files (dotfile) click the checkbox below your domain name.
- If you do have multiple domain names please be careful not to check the “Skip this question, and always open this directory in the future when opening”.
4) This will bring you to the “Index Manager Menu” that will allow you to navigate to different directories.
5) You can navigate to different directories by clicking on the folder icons.
6) When you find the directory you wish to index click on the directory name and your Index Manager will provide you with four options:
7) You can select between a default style, no indexes, or two types of indexing.
8) If you do not wish for people to be able to see the files in your directory, choose no indexing.
9) When you have made your selection please click the Save button in the center of your screen. You will then receive a confirmation page showing the updated settings.
10) Hit the Go Back button in the center of your screen. This will take you back to the main Index Manager. Hit the Home icon in the upper left hand corner of the page to return to your main cPanel menu.
Leave A Comment